Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Batch import of multiple MIDI tracks

Hi all,

I'm producing MIDI tracks in batch mode and I have a plenty of files. I need to import them in GarageBand to edit the final track (assign instruments, set tempo and so on...).

I'm facing small issues with GarageBand while importing these MIDI tracks. I drag and drop the first file in the first instrument track in GB and everything is ok. If I drag and drop the second file, under a new empty instrument track, GB creates the track and places the MIDI in correspondence of the end of the first MIDI track. And this for every MIDI track I drop.

So I thought I can drag and drop all files at once but this does not create as many instruments as the number of MIDI tracks. GB imports everything on the first instrument, side by side. I have to create empty instrument tracks (copying the first one) and then drag and reorder every MIDI track in a new instrument. Of course this is easier and saves some time, but I wonder if there is a smarter way to do it (I see there are no GB automator actions) and if anybody out there faced the same issues.

BTW, I'm asking because I'll have to process ~10 MIDI tracks for hundreds of different songs.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 6, 2015 6:54 AM

There are no replies.

Batch import of multiple MIDI tracks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.