Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to delete duplicate song that was downloaded from iCloud

I've seen a bunch of discussions on this topic, but nothing that definitively helped me. I'm sure there's a thread out there that has the answer, I just can't find it. (If you have it, please pass along.)

I have an album on my iPod touch (5th generation). The album is 14 songs. Sixteen songs were appearing when I looked at the album. Two of the songs were duplicates with the iCloud icon next to them.

I made the mistake of clicking on the cloud on both of these, thinking they'd download and then I could delete them. They downloaded fine. But neither song has the option of swiping to get the "Delete" functionality to appear.

Is there a way to get these two songs off my iPod touch?

iPod touch, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 6, 2015 5:51 AM

6 replies

May 6, 2015 3:56 PM in response to QuickPost

No luck with that, Zeph. When I have "Show All Music" turned on, the song appears with the cloud next to it:

User uploaded file

When I turn "Show All Music" to off, the song still appears, just without the cloud:

User uploaded file

The first file can be deleted. But that's the proper file. The second one was downloaded from the cloud to my iPod and I can't swipe it. Not sure where it's hiding or how to kill it.

May 8, 2015 7:11 AM in response to QuickPost

Indeed, I do.

I wound up just doing a factory reset and then making sure "Show All Music" was turned off. The reset appeared to purge the 2 offending songs from the iPod. And now that "Show All Music" is off, the two songs with the cloud icon no longer appear.

Definitely a pain in the butt to have to do this, but appears to have fixed it.

Thanks much for your suggestions along the way!

Unable to delete duplicate song that was downloaded from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.