Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail connection to the server

my yahoo mail account will not reconnect to the server to retrieve my emails. I have restarted my phone, erased the account and tried to put it back on, but it won't save because it says the connection to the server has failed. I have an iPhone 6 completely updated to iOS 8.3. I have no other problems with my school gmail account. Just yahoo.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 6, 2015 7:17 AM

1 reply

May 6, 2015 7:23 AM in response to morgsfo

Generally these types of issues are Yahoo issues. If you are not seeing any other error message identifying another problem, such as username or password, it is a problem with the Yahoo server. Yahoo mail is notoriously unstable and experiences problems all of the time. If you have removed the account and replaced it and still experience the problem, I suggest contacting Yahoo and asking what is wrong. More than likely it is on their end. I've seen problems where a person can send on one device but not receive on the same one. Receive on another device but not send, then like yours, and some work. I would consider a different provider. Do a search here on the forum and you will see what I mean.

Mail connection to the server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.