Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Power Mac won't start after update

Good morning my Power Mac will not reboot since the last update. It starts to reboot and does not finish. It freezes about halfway through the boot up process. The line on the screen only goes approximately halfway through. I tried unplugging the system and rebooting. And it does the same thing over and over. I've even left it over 24 hours to see if it was just a slow process. Please help

G5 Quad, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on May 6, 2015 7:19 AM

3 replies

May 6, 2015 8:15 AM in response to Allan Jones

Honestly Allan. I'm not really sure. It was the latest update that the Mac needed. At this point I can't login to tell any information at all. Do you know of a way to bypass the update and I was trying to do and logon under the previous update. The computer turns on and starts to finish the update but just is not complete. In other words the little bar only goes halfway across then stops. Like it was in the final stages of the update. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Power Mac won't start after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.