Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Edit the automatic footnote line in Pages

Hi,

How do I edit the automatic footnote line in Pages 5.2.2? It won't align with the rest of the text.

The requirements for my academic paper are that the margin to the left is 4 cm. Everything in the entire document follows nicely when I make the margins 4 cm, except the automatic footnote line above the footnote text. The line separates the footnotes from the rest of the text. I need the line to follow the 4 cm margin, but I haven't found a way to move it, to even change anything about it. As if there were no means to affect that line.

I'm not talking about the lines that you can choose to frame the footnote text itself, but the short line above the footnote text.

Really thankful for help!

Liisa

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), Pages version 5.2.2

Posted on May 6, 2015 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2015 1:07 AM

Taken from Pages v5.2.2 on OS X 10.9.5, here is a capture showing the footnote separator conforming to a 4 cm left document margin. It does so inherently, and lacks any other configurable settings that will permit changes in latitude. If I have read your description correctly, yours does not behave this way, and I have no idea why.

User uploaded file

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2015 1:07 AM in response to liisafromearth

Taken from Pages v5.2.2 on OS X 10.9.5, here is a capture showing the footnote separator conforming to a 4 cm left document margin. It does so inherently, and lacks any other configurable settings that will permit changes in latitude. If I have read your description correctly, yours does not behave this way, and I have no idea why.

User uploaded file

May 7, 2015 1:09 AM in response to VikingOSX

Thank you for taking your time to test the issue. I also have OS X 10.9.5.

Could you tell me which steps you made to come to that result?

I tried making a new footnote in a new document and creating the 4cm margin, but the same problem occurs. So the problem is not restricted to one specific document. My steps: first make the 4 cm margin via the ruler, then creating the footnote, then adjusting also the footnote to the margin. The footnote separator does not follow.

Mine looks like this, very infuriating:

User uploaded file

Edit the automatic footnote line in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.