Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to facetime or skype to another country cheap

My husband is traveling to Panama for work and will be gone for 6 to 8 months. We have a 5 year old daughter. We also both have I-phones but with different carriers. How do we set ourselves up to face time or Skype (I want my daughter to be able to see him) every night before she goes to bed for the cheapest? Every forum I've looked on seems to only talk about calls and texts. I'm referring to face time. Help and thank you.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 6, 2015 8:42 AM

3 replies

May 6, 2015 8:46 AM in response to cuevasfam4

As long as your husband can connect to a free Wifi network in Panama every night, and you are connected to your home Wifi, your FaceTime or Skype calls will be free.

If he connects using his Cellular service, then the cost would need to be inquired about with his carrier. Either their international Data roaming charges, or data plans that may work for you and your budget.

Other than that, there is no real cost associated with FaceTime or Skype outside of whatever it would cost him to get internet access. either via his Cell Plan or Wifi access points down there.

May 6, 2015 8:47 AM in response to cuevasfam4

Both Facetime and Skype will work over WiFi. As long as your husband has a WiFi connection, he can use Facetime or Skype to communicate with you without being charged international data roaming chargers. Facetime is better integrated into iPhones but, if you want to use your computer and don't have a Mac, Skype would be a better option. Set up both and see which one you like best.

How to facetime or skype to another country cheap

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.