Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Superdrive problem

I have a late 2009 iMac running OS Yosemite. The CD drive works fine and I can play DVDs but when I attempt to burn a DVD I get this error message: The disc can’t be burned because an unexpected error occurred (error code 0x8002006E). Any suggestions? Thanks, Jim

iMac

Posted on May 6, 2015 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2015 9:28 AM

First try resetting the SMC and PRAM, if the error continues then go to your local office supply store and get a cd/dvd drive cleaning kit. If the error persists then the SuperDrive may need replacing. If it does need replacing you can either get it replaced with another internal SuperDrive or you can get and external drive and use that.

iMac SMC and PRAM reset

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2015 9:28 AM in response to jmj20

First try resetting the SMC and PRAM, if the error continues then go to your local office supply store and get a cd/dvd drive cleaning kit. If the error persists then the SuperDrive may need replacing. If it does need replacing you can either get it replaced with another internal SuperDrive or you can get and external drive and use that.

iMac SMC and PRAM reset

Superdrive problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.