Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

May 15 - still able to download OS X Mavericks?

I have heard so many bad stories about Yosemite. Is OS X Mavericks still available? I need at least v10.9 to run new version of QuickBooks 2015 for Mac.

Posted on May 6, 2015 9:49 AM

7 replies

May 6, 2015 1:11 PM in response to HelpMe1952

I guess I have no choice but to roll the dice and download Yosemite.

Yes, you do have a choice. That's why you should always have a backup system before doing an upgrade. In addition to TimeMachine, there are cloning softwares.

You should have backup even if you're not considering an upgrade. What are going to do if your hard drive fails? You risk losing all of your data.

May 7, 2015 12:52 PM in response to HelpMe1952

One option is to create a new partition (~30- 50 GB), install the new OS, and ‘test drive’ it. If you like/don’t like it it, you can then remove the partition. Do a backup before you do anything. By doing this, if you don’t like it you won’t have to go though the revert process.

Check to make sure your applications are compatible.

Application Compatibility

Applications Compatibility (2)

Open Disk Utility, select your hard drive (step 1), then the Partition tab (step 2), and select the partition. Using the /// at the bottom move it up (step 3) until the size box decrease by about 50 GB. Select the newly created space and hit the + button (step 4). Name it something and select Mac OS Extended (Journaled) as the format (step 5). Then hit the Apply button(step 6). Download the installer from the App Store and when it starts, point it at the new partition. You might want to make a copy of the installer outside the Applications folder to avoid having to re-download it in the future. Once installed, go to System Preferences/Startup Disk, select the new partition and reboot. Test away.

May 15 - still able to download OS X Mavericks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.