Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I need to restart router so often?

So far, I'm having to restart my TC about every 5 days or so. My Internet speed slows way down so I restart and things are good for a little while. Anyone know what is causing this or how to fix it?

Posted on May 6, 2015 8:45 AM

1 reply

May 6, 2015 10:53 AM in response to 4thSpace

A wireless connection that slows down after a period is a classic sign of wireless interference. Basically, there are too many wireless networks near you and not enough wireless channels to handle everything.

When you restart the TC, it will automatically scan to find the best channel to use at the time, so things might be OK for awhile, but as other wireless network routers change their channels, things get really congested again and slow down......until you start over again with a restart.

Please review this Apple support document to understand the symptoms and some possible cures for wireless interference.

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth: Potential sources of wireless interference - Apple Support

Why do I need to restart router so often?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.