Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I have to restart my computer every time to connect my Magic Mouse??

My old (corded) mouse would no longer scroll upwards, so I spent WAY too much money on a bluetooth Magic Mouse a couple weeks ago. Except the $^$%*&^% thing won't connect unless I restart my computer. (actually, it sometimes connects... just not very often)

The bluetooth controls seem to see two bluetooth mice, but selecting "Connect" will not connect either one, and opening bluetooth preferences won't find a mouse... even though it's clearly showing both mice up above.

Though "both mice" is, I think, incorrect. This "apple23's Mouse" follows me around and I think is the same mouse as "John H. Moore's Mouse." Why it's in there twice, I have no idea.

So... how do you get the *&^$%*)& Magic Mouse to connect without restarting your computer????

OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 on a couple year old MacBook Pro.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 6, 2015 9:50 AM

4 replies

Dec 5, 2017 4:07 AM in response to JCodling

I had this issue and read this thread thinking "there's no way this is the 'fix'". Sure enough it works. This is NOT solely related to the mouse. My bt headphones also do not connect without turning off wifi. This may be the most ridiculous software bug I've come across. pps - This is a very recent issue so seems to be from one of the latest updates. I'm on a 6 year old macbook pro that's used the same mouse all of those 6 years without ever seeing this before.

May 7, 2015 12:47 PM in response to John H. Moore

I had the same problem but I found a solution that works for me:

1. Turn off WiFi
  2. Turn on your mouse
  3. Go to your Bluetooth dropdown menu and select your mouse. It should connect
  4. Turn on your WiFi

Shame on Apple for making a $90 mouse that can't connect through bluetooth without turning off wifi. My Microsoft mouse connects flawlessly but my magic mouse requires me to toggle wifi or it will never connect.

Hope this helps,

JCodling

Do I have to restart my computer every time to connect my Magic Mouse??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.