Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios8 last sync not updating?

ios8 Sync working fine, but Last Sync not updating, stuck on the same date and time for over a week, anyone else encountered this problem, if you can call it that.

iOS 8.3

Posted on May 6, 2015 10:40 AM

10 replies

May 6, 2015 4:48 PM in response to douglasfromelgin

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you, but I wanted o test this for myself.

I have synced my iPad Air 2 at least 6 times, restarted twice, turned off iCloud backup and backed up with iTunes when I synced, and I am seeing the same behavior that you are seeing. It shows the last date that I synced as April 2 and the time as 6:39 PM.

Do you plug into power to perform auto syncs over WiFi? I never auto sync, never have. I initiated the sync myself right from the iPad.

May 6, 2015 11:53 PM in response to Demo

Sorry too about the delay Demo, just woken up, it is 7:30am with me.

A good question you put there, I do not normally plug into power to sync, like yourself I do it right from the iPad.

When I updated the iPad it said to plug into the computer or power to do the first sync, I wonder if this has anything to do with it.

I have Apple Support, it would be interesting to hear their take on it.

May 7, 2015 4:17 AM in response to douglasfromelgin

I just checked my iPd again and it still shows the same incorrect date and time like your does. I know that it synced properly because I made changes to the content on the iPad and the changes that I made did sync correctly.

When I updated, I got the message to plug into the computer and sync with iTunes in order to set up WiFi syncing again. I did what the message told me to do. I synced with the cable and then synced over WiFi to make sure that it was working. It worked fine and I never thought anything more about it until I read your post here.

IF you do have free Apple Support, get in touch with them and see what they say. I would like to know myself. What I am wondering is if the date that is showing in the settings is the date and time that I updated to iOS 8.3 and it is stuck there.

May 7, 2015 5:56 AM in response to Demo

I have been in touch with Apple Support whom I have found to be extremely helpful and courteous.

The person I spoke to said he had not come across this problem personally, and could only suggest that as I was still on Mavericks and had not upgraded to Yosemite, could be the problem. He did say he would ask his colleagues if they knew of any fix, or other, and get back to me.

The reason I have not upgraded to Yosemite is the problems they appear to have been experiencing with the WiFi connection, plus I have no issues with Mavericks.

I will of course let you know what they have to say when I hear from them, and in the meantime thank you for your help, it was much appreciated.

May 7, 2015 6:19 AM in response to douglasfromelgin

It's not Mavericks. I am running the very latest updated Yosemite 10.10.3. I also checked my iPhone 5S and my iPad 3 and none of them updated the date of the sync (yesterday) after I synced with iTunes. All of my devices show an I reject previous sync date and time.

I Don't find it odd that whoever you spoke to at Apple Support had not heard of the problem. For one thing, and like I said earlier, I don't even think to look at the date of the last sync in the settings. I look for the syncing wheel to spin and then for it to stop on the device. Then I check in iTunes on my Mac to see if the latest backup shows in iTunes>Preferences>Devices. If the backup matches the date and time of the sync, I close iTunes and move on.

My point is that, I wonder how many people actually check this in the settings. Plus since iOS 5 was released, many, many users don't even use iTunes anymore so they don't sync at all. I hope others see this discussion and chime in.

EDIT - I just posted a question about this in the Lounge which is a private area for upper level users in the ASC, I will report back with any information that I can gather in there.

May 7, 2015 7:50 AM in response to douglasfromelgin

Never had WiFi problems. It takes my MBP a little longer to wake up from sleep with Yosemite, but afte it has been a wake for a few minutes, it runs just fine. I have 4GB of RAM. The minimum required for Yosemite is 2GB of RAM. I'm not sure that would be enough RAM for many users that want to run Yosemite.

EDIT - I posted this in the lounge and other iOS users are seeing the same thing as we are seeing.

ios8 last sync not updating?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.