Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does Motion 5 add to FCP X?

Hello,

As of this writing, FCP X is downloading from the App Store. I have for YEARS held onto FCP 7, and well, know that I have to get used to the new tech sooner rather than too much later. Now then:

I used Motion 4 with FCP 7 to make titles and move a few things around. Not too heavily used in what I used to do. That said, FCP X 10.2 is supposed to come with some pretty powerful text generators, specifically, 3D titling.

Please offer what in your experience M5 brings to the table; this will help me decide if I can make use of its features as a compliment of FCP X.

Thank you in advance!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 2015 edition.

Posted on May 6, 2015 9:36 AM

1 reply

May 6, 2015 11:17 PM in response to Bob221b1

Bob221b1 wrote:

… Please offer what in your experience M5 brings to the table; …

modifying existing generators, effects, titles, transitions to your needs (example: adding your companys logo to a lower-third)

publishing features of existing generators, effects, titles, transitions, which out-of-the-box are not 'published'

creating new generators, effects, titles, transitions, which are then integrated, at-hand in FCPX

• using features, which are not avail in FCPX, well-known example: tracking (better: use the superb products of coremelt.com); …

create complex projects, examples: kinetic text, all sorts of 'animated illustrations', multi-layered compositions etc

... my reply looks like an ad 😝 LOL

What does Motion 5 add to FCP X?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.