Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maintaining durations in sequence

Hi all,

I hope this makes sense...

Basically, I've gotten a slideshow prepared that goes perfectly with the music - which involves many duration changes that I had to meticulously go through and tweak manually for each photo. Now we want to completely rearrange everything, and I'm trying to avoid having to go through and fix each individual duration to what I want again (mostly because I'm thinking this will be an iterative process and this won't be the last time we rearrange things). Any ideas on how to set up a sequence of durations for photos that is independent of the actual photos themselves?

Example: Photo 1 (3s), Photo 2 (5s), Photo 3 (8s). If I want to rearrange the order to Photo 3, Photo 1, Photo 2...is there a way to set things up beforehand so the durations of 3s, 5s, and 8s stay in the same order regardless of what photo is plugged into that position instead of the photo taking it's duration with it?

Any help you can provide will probably save me a lot of time and will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

iMovie '11

Posted on May 6, 2015 9:26 AM

1 reply

May 20, 2015 11:54 AM in response to GuidOPhi

Turns out, I just didn't know how to ask the question properly. I guess I am wanting to insert beat markers and have the pictures snap to the beat. I learned how to add the markers, but it seems like in 10.0.6, they don't DO anything. I tried clicking the "snapping" command, and that doesn't seem to do anything either.

Any advice on how I can make these functions work like they are supposed to?

Maintaining durations in sequence

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.