Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how times can I recharge my ipod

Hi,

This question has probably been asked before, but I can't seem to find it.

I have had my ipod touch 5G since Feb 2013 and have probably recharged it at least once a day, I have however noticed recently that

a) it is not keeping its charge very well

b) it is not charging very quickly, I first though it was the cable and my computer so tried it with the main plug, it is still not charging very quickly.

My question is this - how many charging cycles (roughly) can the battery be recharged?

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 7.1.2

Posted on May 6, 2015 9:09 AM

1 reply

May 6, 2015 10:43 AM in response to yorkrose26

According to https://www.apple.com/batteries/service-and-recycling/

Your battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 400 complete charge cycles.

and the following from https://www.apple.com/batteries/why-lithium-ion/ defines a charge cycle

Charge your Apple lithium-ion battery whenever you want. There’s no need to let it discharge 100% before recharging. Apple lithium-ion batteries work in charge cycles. You complete one charge cycle when you’ve used (discharged) an amount that equals 100% of your battery’s capacity — but not necessarily all from one charge. For instance, you might use 75% of your battery’s capacity one day, then recharge it fully overnight. If you use 25% the next day, you will have discharged a total of 100%, and the two days will add up to one charge cycle. It could take several days to complete a cycle. The capacity of any type of battery will diminish after a certain amount of recharging. With lithium-ion batteries, the capacity diminishes slightly with each complete charge cycle. Apple lithium-ion batteries are designed to hold at least 80% of their original capacity for a high number of charge cycles, which varies depending on the product.

how times can I recharge my ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.