Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I run Photoshop CS6 on the new Macbook?

Hi, I'm planning to get a new Macbook but I'm torn between the new one and the pro '15. I like the the new one because it's light and portable, but I'm not sure if it will run Photoshop CS6 smoothly. I use the program very often. I like the pro too because of it's specs but it's a little bit heavier. Money isn't quite a problem for me at the moment. My problem is that I can't choose...

I'm not going to get it right away, I just need to decide for now and I need help.

Posted on May 6, 2015 10:50 AM

3 replies

May 6, 2015 11:24 PM in response to crankmaximoff

It should run but the question is will you be satisfied with the performance? The new MacBook has 8 GB ram but only a 1.1 or 1.2 GHz dual core processor. Editing significant size photos, doing major creative work is most likely to really tax a processor that slow. Creative graphics work is very hardware intensive so you may not be very happy once you start working on that machine.

Can I run Photoshop CS6 on the new Macbook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.