Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Modifying project frame rate?

I'm combing sequences. One was shot at 23.98 fps. The other was shot at 24 fps. I want to change the project that's at 23.98 fps to 24 fps, then paste in the 24 fps sequence.

I've got the project at 23.98 fps. I duplicate it. I 'Command–X' all the clips. I 'modify' the now empty project to 24 fps. Then I 'Command–V' the clips into the new 24 fps project ....

Ooops! The project automatically switches back to 23.98 fps ... SOMETIMES. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it stays at 24 fps.

I'm wondering what the best protocol would be right here? Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Ben

MacBook Pro (15-inch Glossy), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 6, 2015 9:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2015 11:12 AM

I suggest that instead of duplicating and cutting you create a brand new project with the desired frame rate, then paste the contents of the original project.

5 replies

May 6, 2015 12:39 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Will try it out immediately Luis. I thought I'd done this in the past, with the similar issue, but you know, I may be misremembering.

Which leads me to another question:

One of the reasons I hesitate sometimes to crank up a 'new' project ... is that they automatically appear in my Event root folder (in the Browser). And then I have to go find the dang thing – in amongst thirty or forty or more similar projects, before I can give it a 'Keyword' designation so it will actually appear in the folder and keyword location I'm actually working. That can really throw off my rhythm. And it appears that the only choice I have when I create it, is what Event I can put it in. My whole film is ONE Event. In which I have scores of 'Folders' and 'Keyword' collections.

Is there any way I can create NEW projects and have them appear immediately in whatever Folder / Keyword collection I'm currently working?

I can't get my head around working with multiple Events, because it's such a process bringing media back and forth between Events.

Thanks for the tip, much appreciated,

Ben

May 7, 2015 7:09 AM in response to Ben Low

One of the reasons I hesitate sometimes to crank up a 'new' project ... is that they automatically appear in my Event root folder (in the Browser). And then I have to go find the dang thing – in amongst thirty or forty or more similar projects, before I can give it a 'Keyword' designation so it will actually appear in the folder and keyword location I'm actually working. That can really throw off my rhythm. And it appears that the only choice I have when I create it, is what Event I can put it in. My whole film is ONE Event. In which I have scores of 'Folders' and 'Keyword' collections.

Is there any way I can create NEW projects and have them appear immediately in whatever Folder / Keyword collection I'm currently working?

Not that I know of. I also would like that to be possible - not just for projects, but more acutely for multicam or compound clips. I wished that at the time of creation one could add keywords to them. It is indeed a nuisance to be working inside a keyword collection and have to go out to search for something you have just created.

There is however some help in the form of smart collections. In 10.2 you get already a smart collection titled "Projects", so you need only look there. Of course, smart collections have existed from start, but now some are created automatically at the library level, which makes people more aware of their existence and usefulness.

May 7, 2015 5:19 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Hi Luis,

Just upgraded everything to Yosemite and FCPX 10.2.

I'm going to check out Smart Projects today. Never used them before. I love discovering things about FCPX I've never used before. It's also a bit ironic that I spent a few hundred dollars on third party plug-ins to get some decent masking tools ... and FCPX 10.2 is suddenly giving us masking tools. Sigh.

Looking forward to a day of discovering where they've now put things I've been working with kinaesthetically for the last six months.

Thanks for you help ... mucho mucho

Ben

Modifying project frame rate?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.