Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I change my iCloud account from my husband's to mine WITHOUT deleting his?

When I got my iPhone, my husband had me to put in his iCloud info. Well now I have my own so is there a way that I can change my iCloud email and password for a new Apple ID and without deleting his iCloud info and his Apple ID so that we can both have our own info on our own iPhones?

iPhone 5c

Posted on May 6, 2015 9:59 AM

7 replies

May 6, 2015 10:56 AM in response to Donaldmike83

You are going to have to give me a little more to work with than that.

What version of iOS is on your phone? Go to Settings > General > Version for that.

If you are on iOS 7, then as shown in the quote below from the link I provided, you would tap "Delete Account" -- if that is what your original concern was, note that means delete the account from this phone -- it won't affect your husband's phone.

If that isn't the issue, reply with more information about which step below you are at.

iCloud

1. Tap Settings > iCloud on your iOS device. If you see the option to sign in, you can change your Apple ID now.
  2. Scroll down and tap Sign Out. In iOS 7 or earlier, tap Delete Account. After you sign out of iCloud, you might not be able to access some of your data that's stored in iCloud until you sign in again. If you're part of a family, you'll need to sign back in to use Family Sharing.
    User uploaded file
  3. Choose Keep on My iPhone or Delete from My iPhone.
  4. Enter your password.
  5. Go to Settings > iCloud and enter your Apple ID and password.
  6. Tap Sign In.

May 6, 2015 10:56 AM in response to Donaldmike83

Removing his account from your phone will not delete his account or any of his information from any other device configured with his ID or from the cloud itself. It will only remove it from your phone.

On your phone: Turn off Find my iPhone (Settings>iCloud). After turning it off, Sign out of the account in the same place.

Then go to Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings.

When it re-boots, set it up with your own Apple ID.

Can I change my iCloud account from my husband's to mine WITHOUT deleting his?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.