Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage showing duplicate MacBook Pros on iPhone

I can't figure out why my iPhone 5S shows my MacBook Pro twice in Text Message Forwarding. So far I have signed out of iMessage on both my iPhone and MacBook Pro, rebooted both, and signed back in.

When I signed back into iMessage on my iPhone, only one MacBook Pro was listed. Then I signed back into iMessage on my MacBook Pro and I went back to my iPhone in Text Message Forwarding and there were duplicates MacBook Pros again!

The only thing I think of is that about a month ago I deleted a User on my MacBook Pro that had been granted Admin and was allowed to use my iCloud account. When I deleted the User, I said to delete all files associated with that user account and rebooted. That old User is not listed anywhere in my Library. There must be files associated with that deleted User, but I don't know where. Can anyone think of a fix?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 6, 2015 9:45 AM

2 replies

iMessage showing duplicate MacBook Pros on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.