Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth speaker disconnects when I opened a video (Youtube, flash videos etc.)

Hello,

I think this problem occured after 10.10.3 update but I am not sure.

When I opened a video on youtube or other websites that shows videos as flash based, my bluetooth speaker disconnects from Macbook pro. Other bluetooth devices are fine (Trackpad and keyboard) this isnt happening on every video just 5-6 times in a day. I deleted the speaker from bluetooth list and added again but nothing's changed.

What causes this issue?

Posted on May 6, 2015 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2015 4:12 PM

I have just about the same exact problem. The only difference is that I've been having it for a long time now and I can't recall which OS version it started happening or getting worse in. At least since 10.10.0 I believe.

It doesn't always happen, but sometimes it will refuse to start a flash video, and after about 15 seconds, the bluetooth speaker finally disconnects itself. I also have other bluetooth devices which work fine, so it seems to be something specific to bluetooth audio.

Besides dealing with this for almost a year, I also have the unfortunate luck of not being able to reconnect to my bluetooth speaker sometimes. Sometimes it requires a restart and sometimes I have to delete the com.apple.bluetooth.plist settings to clear things up (temporarily).

I have wasted countless hours researching this and trying out solutions and so far nothing has solved it... sigh...

Any information would be much appreciated.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2015 4:12 PM in response to emrecelik

I have just about the same exact problem. The only difference is that I've been having it for a long time now and I can't recall which OS version it started happening or getting worse in. At least since 10.10.0 I believe.

It doesn't always happen, but sometimes it will refuse to start a flash video, and after about 15 seconds, the bluetooth speaker finally disconnects itself. I also have other bluetooth devices which work fine, so it seems to be something specific to bluetooth audio.

Besides dealing with this for almost a year, I also have the unfortunate luck of not being able to reconnect to my bluetooth speaker sometimes. Sometimes it requires a restart and sometimes I have to delete the com.apple.bluetooth.plist settings to clear things up (temporarily).

I have wasted countless hours researching this and trying out solutions and so far nothing has solved it... sigh...

Any information would be much appreciated.

Bluetooth speaker disconnects when I opened a video (Youtube, flash videos etc.)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.