Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID not being recognised, will not accept my password, will not let me set up a new one with the current email address?

Computer does not accept my current Apple ID password nor any of the previous ones. Invites me to enter my details so it can find it for me, then says I don't have a registered ID (which I most certainly have) and when I try to set up a new one, it refuses my email address, because I already have an Apple ID with that email address... Catch 22

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4), null

Posted on May 6, 2015 10:52 AM

3 replies

May 7, 2015 12:39 AM in response to MOGAE

...when I try to set up a new one, it refuses my email address, because I already have an Apple ID with that email address...

The problem may not be that the Apple ID you're trying to create already exists – the problem may be that email address is already "associated" with an Apple ID. By "associated" I mean it may already be a Recovery email address, an alternate email address, or is in some other way already in use. To fix that, the email address has to first be removed from the Apple ID using it. Then, it will become available.

If at all possible, exhaust all steps to regain access to your current Apple ID. Creating a new one will result in an Apple ID completely and forever separate from any other, including any that you already created for yourself.

Apple ID not being recognised, will not accept my password, will not let me set up a new one with the current email address?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.