Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what battery do I need for a macbook pro 13" late 2011

My battery has the "replace soon" message and seems to be losing its charge pretty quickly. There seem to be a number of different model numbers etc for MacBooks (MD313 or MD 314 seem to be for me, but if they are which one is mine?) how do I know which battery to get?

I believe that personal replacement of a battery in my mac is quite easy and risk free - am I right?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), iOS 8

Posted on May 6, 2015 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2015 10:48 AM

Take it to an Apple store, they will fit it for you.

11 replies

May 6, 2015 11:30 AM in response to Csound1

Yes, I can do that but I am told that this would be much more expensive than fitting it myself and also could take a longish time - I am a writer and cannot afford not to have my computer (that was the point of buying a mac in the first place). The Ifixit.com website said to replace it yourself was "easy", but need reassurance.

Thanks

May 6, 2015 11:43 AM in response to Csound1

No, I don't think that would be a good idea. But on Amazon I can get what appears to be an apple battery.

Original Laptop Battery for Apple MacBook Pro Unibody 13" - A1322 A1278 - Models MB990*/A MB990CH/A MB990J/A MB990LL/A M

90LL/A M

for approx £60.

Do you know how much Apple would charge for battery and fitting?

thanks

Brendan

what battery do I need for a macbook pro 13" late 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.