Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring a crashed server from network time machine backup

I had a raid array die in a server that was acting as the OD server, Prfile Manager, and file sharing server. When I tried to restore from the time machine backup it would not cred in successfully (I know they were the right credentials). So I installed OS X 10.8, used migration assistant, updated OS X 10.8 to 10.8.5, and then installed server 10.2.2. None of my server setting are setup is here. i then tried to go back to migration assistant thinking maybe I needed to migrate again. I said that I needed to uninstall server if I wanted the server data to migrate in a warning window; but, that is what i had already done.

Anyone know anything I should be trying in order to get this back up and running, I have over a dozen computers using profiles that I cannot edit right now and my home folder structure for migrating profiles is now broken because I don't have the server da

Mac mini, iOS 8

Posted on May 6, 2015 10:37 AM

1 reply

May 6, 2015 10:51 AM in response to Jakeyk

OS X Server: Upgrade and migration from Lion Server or Snow Leopard Server - Apple Support

Reinstall OSX 10.8, update fully to 10.8.5 and then run migration assistent. That will detect OSX server data on your timemachine backup, restore it (allthough it won't show the data actively, then download the server.app and complete the migration starting the server.app.

Hopefully that will bring you back in a more usefull state.

You didn't have a clone of the OSX available? Then create one on a regular basis with tools like Carbon Copy Cloner.

Goodluck

Jeffrey

Restoring a crashed server from network time machine backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.