Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dell P2715Q 4K connection problems for rMBP early 2015

This is a solution post rather than a question. I have a Macbook Pro Retina early 2015 and I was trying to connect it to a new Dell P2715Q monitor, and I could not get the computer to recognize the monitor. When the DP (connected to monitor) to mini DP (connected to rMBP) was connected, the monitor would go to sleep. I could not get it to work for the life of me. The cable was DP 1.2 compatible. Resolution: After installing the 10.10.3 update for video (didn't work), resetting PRAM and SMC (didn't work), I unplugged the monitor and plugged it back in. Suddenly it worked. 3840 x 2160 at 60 Hz. Took me a lot of hunting, so I hope this helps others. Maybe relevant to other Dell monitors, maybe relevant to other 4k monitors. Cheers.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 6, 2015 9:59 AM

2 replies

Jun 9, 2015 3:26 AM in response to sprocketnw

I have a brand new Mid 2015 rMBP with the same monitor. I am unable to make the monitor work at 60 Hz refresh rate. I have turned off MST which makes the monitor work with 3840x2160 at 30 Hz but no proper/optimal retina scaling i.e. to 1920 x 1080. I can only enable this mode if I turn on MST into secondary mode but still unfortunately at a sluggish 30 Hz. Any idea would be much appreciated.

Dell P2715Q 4K connection problems for rMBP early 2015

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.