Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sign in and other problems with browsers on yosemite

For the past few months, it seems like I have been having logon, or even webpage loading problems. Case in point, using Safari and or Chrome, Facebook has been a major problem, it loads the page, mostly half way and not all pictures or videos show or work, plus searches using google either

don't search <just sits there cycling> or works sometimes, sometimes not. I have tried other browsers as well such as Opera, Firefox, and have had similar experiences. Mostly, sometimes they work, sometimes not. I don't know if it is a settings problem or something else, but it is quite frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OS is Yosemite 10.10.3

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), Other OS, OSX 10.10.1 Yosemite

Posted on May 6, 2015 10:53 AM

10 replies

May 6, 2015 11:06 AM in response to grandpamike

Well you have way too many browsers installed. I would recommend uninstalling all and only keep Safari and possibly 1 more. Also, have you considered the issue is possibly your modem, router or ISP? If you have other devices that are working fine that does not mean anything really. I'd recommend restarting the modem, router and and finally the iMac.

Finally your machine is new, if it is less than 90 days old or if you have already purchased AppleCare (strongly recommended!!!) then give AppleCare a call. If you don't know the number then please click https://www.apple.com/support/appleid/

May 6, 2015 11:18 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Thanks for your response. I have 4 browsers on my iMac, but only have Safari and Chrome on, the others are used occasionally, as they seem to work better at certain times during the day. I have rebooted my iMac, and that did not have any impact will do the router <I have Att Uverse> tmrw

to see if the problem is there.

Funny thing, all my browsers on my PC work fine and I even have more there, like Seamonkey which is a nice browser. But, I will give it a shot tmrw and let you know if that helped. Thanks again.

May 6, 2015 11:40 AM in response to grandpamike

grandpamike wrote:

Thanks for your response. I have 4 browsers on my iMac, but only have Safari and Chrome on, the others are used occasionally, as they seem to work better at certain times during the day. I have rebooted my iMac, and that did not have any impact will do the router <I have Att Uverse> tmrw

to see if the problem is there.

Funny thing, all my browsers on my PC work fine and I even have more there, like Seamonkey which is a nice browser. But, I will give it a shot tmrw and let you know if that helped. Thanks again.

Uninstall all the other browsers except Safari and Chrome.

As I mentioned in my original post please restart the modem and router even if your PC (and other devices) are working fine. Also ensure they have up-to-date firmware. If you use an Apple Airport Extreme or Airport Express Router then you will receive firmware updates via the Mac App Store's update tab. If you use a third party device you will need to refer to your user manual to find out how to check for firmware updates.

May 6, 2015 5:01 PM in response to Linc Davis

Using Safari, this is what is at the top of my page, I use Yahoo.com as my home page, and I don't get the same with other browsers. This, I would guess is a problem with Yahoo and not my machine or OS. I am thinking, that the slow loading on Facebook and not all pictures appearing might be a Facebook problem as well, as all of my software is up to date.

The major problem that bothers me is that Google search, now has become a hit and miss situation, sometimes it works, sometimes not, again, unless others here have problems with Google search, then it also can be a Google problem, not mine. I will keep on working to figure out what is happening and keep in touch with this forum for any other suggestions. I will try to do what you suggested.

We're sorry! Your customized page is temporarily unavailable. Please refresh, or try again later.

sign in and other problems with browsers on yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.