Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I have 2 airport extremes in bridge mode, will my network be limited to 50 concurrent users, or will that limit be dependent on my router that is serving dhcp?

If I have 2 airport extremes in bridge mode, will my network be limited to 50 concurrent users, or will that limit be dependent on my router that is serving dhcp?

Posted on May 6, 2015 11:39 AM

2 replies

May 6, 2015 12:10 PM in response to jevans83

The AirPort will handle up to 50 wireless users per device, (and sometimes 51), so if you have two AirPorts, you can in theory have a total of 100 wireless users, providing that your router is able to issue IP addresses to all of them.

Realistically, you really would not want to put more than 20-25 users on an AirPort, since things really slow down about this point.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.