Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adjust or align audio clip in iMove project

I'm using imovie 2.1.2 on my new iphone 6. The app came installed and there doesn't seem to be a better / upgradable version.

I wanted to add audio to a movie and then drag it to a specific place along the video but the app doesn't seem to be able to do this. Does anyone know how to make this work?

Older versions mentioned turning off "loop audio" but this isn't even an option in this version of iMovie.

Thanks for any help or info you have.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 6, 2015 11:50 AM

7 replies

May 8, 2015 4:48 PM in response to Andyfish

Andyfish, try moving your Background Audio track to Foreground Audio. You can find this function by SELECTING your green background music track and looking for the word FOREGROUND in the menu bar at the bottom of your project.

This is the only way I know that I can drag/move my background audio wherever I wish in my project because the foreground audio track (blue) will anchor to the clip you want to start the music from. However, make sure NOT to delete that clip from your project or your foreground music will be deleted too. Good luck.

May 10, 2015 8:43 PM in response to Andyfish

Correct. Dragging the left yellow handle will trim the beginning of the song. However, if you trim the end of the song first, then you can move the song around.

In other words, make room at the end to move song from the beginning wherever you wish. You can always trim end again once you found the spot and the duration needed.

Adjust or align audio clip in iMove project

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.