Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Apple TV for a self-running presentation

Can I use Apple TV to show a slideshow of photos in a folder on a Mac, while I continue to use the computer for something else? The Mac we will use has System 10.9. We don't have an Apple TV yet so when we buy it, it will be the latest model.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), null

Posted on May 6, 2015 1:45 PM

4 replies

May 7, 2015 6:40 AM in response to vazandrew

Having never used an Apple TV, I'm not clear on the first part of your answer.

Here is what we're trying to do: We operate a kiosk inside a golf equipment store. Golfers can book tee times at local courses at our kiosk. We want the TV next to our kiosk to be showing a slide show of golf photos and lists of specials at the courses (which could be saved as jpg's), while at the same time we use the iMac to actually book the tee times. Ideally, we want to come in in the morning, start the slideshow, and go back to our normal business without having to fiddle with the slideshow again. Maybe once or twice a week we'll change the photos.

The screen saver idea on the Apple TV sounds like it would be perfect as long as using the computer doesn't cause the screen saver to stop.

Using Apple TV for a self-running presentation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.