Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad won't turn on..... SOS

My iPad will not turn on and it has been charging for roughly 24 hours. The Apple logo will pop up, then the low battery sign will show, and it repeats. Occasionally the lock screen will flash on but then it will die immediately following. I have used 2 different outlets as well as two different chargers. Previously when I would charge my iPad (before it fell into an eternal darkness), it would tell me that it was plugged in, however was not charging. I have tried holding down the lock button and the home button for 10 seconds, and it won't even do anything after 30 seconds..... SOS

iPad, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 6, 2015 3:09 PM

2 replies

May 6, 2015 3:16 PM in response to beccawood99

Have you tried cleaning out the post where the USB cable plugs into the iPad? Use a soft, clean toothbrush to try to clean out the connection port on the iPad itself. If that doesn't help, then you are going to have to make a trip to the Apple Store. If the device isn't charging, then no matter what you do, you aren't going to get any further... 😟

Cheers,

GB

iPad won't turn on..... SOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.