Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth not finding any devices and not showing 2.4 ghz networks

Hello,

Bluetooth not showing up any available devices and not detecting any 2.4 ghz networks on my Iphone 5s. It's just showing 5ghz networks.

I am using iOS 8.3.

I tried resetting network settings and hard reset but nothing worked.

Can you suggest me.

Thanks,
Rav

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 6, 2015 12:59 PM

2 replies

May 8, 2015 12:48 PM in response to RavT23

Hello there, RavT23.

Great job troubleshooting your issue with Bluetooth on your iPhone and available devices. The following Knowledge Base article offers a checklist of steps you may want to review.

iOS: Troubleshooting Bluetooth connections - Apple Support

Follow these steps first:

1. Check that you are in range of the Bluetooth accessory with which you are trying to pair your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Most Bluetooth accessories have a range of approximately 30 feet.
  2. On your iOS device, tap Settings > Bluetooth and find your device in the list. If your device says Not Connected, tap the name of your accessory to attempt to connect it.
  3. Tap Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and then on again.
  4. Make sure that your Bluetooth accessory is turned on and fully charged or connected to power.
  5. Make sure that your Bluetooth accessory is in pairing mode.1
  6. Restart your iOS device.
  7. Tap Settings > Bluetooth and locate the Bluetooth accessory you are currently connected to or attempting to connect to. Then tap User uploaded file and "Forget this Device". Try to pair your Bluetooth accessory again.

You may need to enter your Bluetooth accessory PIN again if your accessory requires one. Some common PINs are 0000, 1111, and 1234.

8. Restart your Bluetooth accessory by turning it off and then on again1.
  9. Update your device to the latest version of software. See how to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  10. If your Bluetooth accessory has upgradable firmware, check to see that you have the latest version1, 2.

If after continuing through the document you find that the issue persists, then:

If your device is still experiencing issues

If the steps above have not resolved the Bluetooth behavior you are experiencing, perform a software restore in iTunes.

If the issue persists after restoring your iOS device in iTunes, contact Apple for support and service options.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards,

Pedro.

May 11, 2015 7:07 AM in response to pedro d

Hello Pedro,

Thank you for the response.

Bluetooth not even showing up any devices, it's keep searching for devices. And, I can't see any 2.4ghz networks but I can see 5.0ghz networks. I did software restore and set it up as new phone from iTunes but it didn't fix this issue.

I think I may need to contact apple support.

Thanks,

RavT23

Bluetooth not finding any devices and not showing 2.4 ghz networks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.