Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple I.D is not working with the app store

My iphone 4 has 13 updates on it but when I go to the App store it wont update them but when I go to itunes to update them it says "this update is not available for this App I.D either because it was bought by a different user or the item was returned or cancelled." I dont know what this means. I have changed my password many times and that does not help. Any ideas?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on May 6, 2015 4:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2015 6:22 PM

It means that the apps were purchased or downloaded using a different Apple ID than the one that you are logged in to the iTunes & App Store with. Apps are tied forever to the Apple ID that was used to download them. You will have to download them or re-purchase them using your current ID, or switch back to the ID they were originally downloaded with.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2015 6:22 PM in response to tracifromcusick

It means that the apps were purchased or downloaded using a different Apple ID than the one that you are logged in to the iTunes & App Store with. Apps are tied forever to the Apple ID that was used to download them. You will have to download them or re-purchase them using your current ID, or switch back to the ID they were originally downloaded with.

Apple I.D is not working with the app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.