Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playback position not syncing.

Remember playback position works in library, but does not sync onto ipod.

iPod touch, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 6, 2015 1:38 PM

2 replies

Nov 15, 2017 7:55 PM in response to brenden dv

To clarify, I select all the chapters of an audio book. I get info. I check "remember playback position", increase the volume level and add cover art. I sync, eject and unplug. I look at the playlist on my device. Only the last chapter has cover artwork. The settings on the other chapters are plain vanilla, with no remembering playback position. I reconnect and relaunch iTunes. I check the tracks in get info. The cover artwork is shown. "remember playback position" is checked. I delete tracks ahead of the audio books in a playlist. Sync, eject, look at playlist on device. Now the first chapter has artwork and the ability to remember playback position, and the last chapter has artwork, but the ones in the middle are plain. This used to work correctly until this week. My question: does Android have a better music and audio player? I'm thinking of switching. Thank you.

May 8, 2015 1:39 PM in response to BillySean

Hi BillySean,

I apologize, I'm a bit unclear on the exact nature of the issue you are describing. If you are talking about syncing playback position on podcasts between your computer and your iPod, you may find the steps outlined in the following article helpful:

Playback position

Podcasts can remember your playback position between devices and computers, so you can always start where you left off. If Sync Podcasts is on for your iOS device, playback position will sync. However, you might need to turn on this setting in iTunes on your Mac or PC.

1. Select iTunes > Preferences.
  2. Click the Store tab.
  3. Select "Sync playback information across devices." It might take a few minutes to sync.
    User uploaded file

Sync or transfer podcasts - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

Playback position not syncing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.