Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cofee damage

I have spilled a bit of coffee on my MacBook Air in the morning but I had a case so it didn't really go inside it. However, the light went on and off again and so did the light of the keyboard. After 5 hours it started working completely fine Which may be because the cofee may have dried out. Anyway, I am writing this because I need help. Do you think the screen may stop working again or do I need to do something specifically? I know that i have to look after it more properly but is there anything I can do in order for it not to stop working again because of this problem? This may be such as not overheating it or anything. Also, keeping in mind that I just bought it in December 2014 so it is kinda new. I even went to an Apple Store and they said i need an appointment but I also went to a store where they fix laptops and they said it should be just fine and it is going to work.

I Really need help and please let me know what to do as I am very desperate. thank you very much.

MacBook Air

Posted on May 6, 2015 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2015 3:47 PM

Make an appointment and take it back to the Apple Store. There is no way to determine if your Mac has been damaged internally by the liquid spill. It could stop working over time due to corrosion.

Best of luck,

GB

6 replies

May 6, 2015 4:03 PM in response to gail from maine

Thanks, Gail!

Yes, the link I provided links to the equipment you've registered, and then goes on to repair coverage and options, and does not seem to lead to Genius Bar reservations any longer.

As you say, the Apple Store app on an iOS device works to get a Genius Bar appointment. Another way to make a Genius Bar appointment online through a laptop/desktop is this: You can go to:

http://www.apple.com/retail/storelist/

... and then select a specific store. From there, you can make a Genius Bar appointment near the bottom.

Thanks for your update!

cofee damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.