Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Running Slow, Won't Shut Down

Hi, my Macbook Air won't shut down, it's just a black screen with a loading icon on the bottom. It also runs very slow, but it says my internet is 4/4 bars. The internet loads very slowly, and I have to constantly refresh it. Occasionally when I play multiplayer games like Minecraft, I normally get about 60 fps max, and now I only get 24, and sometimes only 12. I have been playing other games like ROBLOX recently, that's when the problem started.

System:

Macbook Air (11-inch, Mid 2012)

Processor - 1.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory - 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics - Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

I also have 239.2 GB on my startup disk, and there is 68.9 GB free. I modified the startup disk a bit.

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 6, 2015 2:59 PM

3 replies

May 6, 2015 5:06 PM in response to G4M3FRE3K

Never mind, actually. I fixed the problem myself. For those of you who need the fix to the problem, I uninstalled my adobe programs because those are CPU hogs. I also saw that I had a spyware virus... so, don't install Splashtop Streamer. Also, I turned on FileVault as well. It takes a while to start your computer, but it's all worth it to get rid of people trying to break in. I modified my computer's startup disk to get more memory a while back before the problem started, so I assume that wasn't part of the problem. It was that darned spyware virus.

Mac Running Slow, Won't Shut Down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.