Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad time 24 hour or 12 hour

I recently bought an iPad mini preinstalled with IOS 8. Once set up I noticed that the time was in the 24 hour clock and it would have to be changed manually to display the 12 hour. However my friend bought an iPad but the clock on it had the time in the 12 hour clock and had to be switch to 24 hour manually.

Why are the time settings different, when they both were set up straight out of the box.

PS: My friend bought her iPad from the US and Im in the UK - don't know of that makes any difference.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on May 6, 2015 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2015 2:17 PM

Generally speaking people in the US use 12-hour time, and people in Europe generally use 24-hour time formats. The format is set in Regional settings, and if you set it up as UK, then that is probably why. I am just the opposite. I use the US regions since I live in the US, but being retired law enforcement and military, I use 24-hour time and have to make changes to both my iPhone and iPad.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2015 2:17 PM in response to mwallis1997

Generally speaking people in the US use 12-hour time, and people in Europe generally use 24-hour time formats. The format is set in Regional settings, and if you set it up as UK, then that is probably why. I am just the opposite. I use the US regions since I live in the US, but being retired law enforcement and military, I use 24-hour time and have to make changes to both my iPhone and iPad.

iPad time 24 hour or 12 hour

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.