Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need Some Help Deciding Which MacBook Pro To Purchase

Please help me make up my mind:

13" 2015 MacBook Pro, 16GB/512GB with upgraded 3.1ghz, 5th gen dual core i7 (highlighted as "new" by Apple)

VS

15" 2015 MacBook Pro, 16GB/512GB with standard 2.5ghz, 4th gen quad core i7

It appears that the 13" has been updated while the 15" has not. I am looking for something to run Final Cut Pro while I am away from home.

SInce it is only a few hundred dollars more to get the 15", it seems like a no-brainer, however, since I am not that familiar with the laptops, I want to make sure that there is not something else I should be considering. Should the fact that the 15" hasn't been updated be of concern?

Any ideas or thoughts would be most appreciated!

Posted on May 6, 2015 1:49 PM

1 reply

May 6, 2015 2:03 PM in response to Rdbesq

The 15" model has a quad-core CPU vs. a dual-core in the 13" model making the former at least twice as fast. Also check the graphics processors. The 15" model probably has a discrete GPU while the other uses the integrated GPU. The 15" model is a pound or so heavier.

There is always a probability that the 15" models will be updated later this year, if you can wait that long.

Need Some Help Deciding Which MacBook Pro To Purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.