Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to switch backup to 2nd time capsule?

I have a Macbook Pro. We have a second place with Time Capsule. For some reason, the Macbook Pro sees that there is another disk, but I can't figure out how to get the computer to backup to the 2nd Time Capsule when I am at our second place.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)

Posted on May 6, 2015 3:56 PM

3 replies

May 6, 2015 4:38 PM in response to Bob Timmons

Thanks for responding, Bob.

When I go into Time Machine preferences, it sees "Data" from Time Capsule (my other one). So I "select disk", and it shows "Data from Time Capsule" and "Other Airport Time Capsule". I then select "setup" of the Other Airport Time Capsule, and can see IP address, serial number, version, etc. Yet, I can't find a way to "select" it as the time capsule for my current backup.

May 6, 2015 6:33 PM in response to JRoxanneN

I think it would help if you could assign different names to "Data".

That is the default name that Apple gives to all Time Capsule drives, so if you have two Time Capsules, both of them will have a drive named "Data".

I think you will find things a lot easier to manage....and so likely would Time Machine.....if you named the drive on one Time Capsule "DataOne" and the other "DataTwo", or any other name that you like that would help keep things separate.

How to switch backup to 2nd time capsule?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.