Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to export iMovie into IDVD

Hi, I am using OS10 Yosemite 10.10.3, 2.2 ghz processor, Mack book pro 8 GB memory. iMovie version 10.0.8, iDVD 7.1.2

I am trying to export my approx 40 min movie made in iMovie into IDVD but IDVD asks for info from Media browser and this is no longer available in the IMovie menu. I've looked at all the you tubes,and discussion threads and can't find how to do this. I like the IDVD portal because I can put movies in the front section while the music is playing so the video doesn't start all at once. Using iMovie, it's just a static front. boring!

Any suggestions?

Many thanks for your help!

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 6, 2015 2:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2015 8:55 PM

To burn a DVD with iDVD from the latest version of iMovie, you have to export the movie using the Export button and select 480p as the size. Open iDVD and start a new project, then drag that exported movie file into the iDVD menu window, avoiding any drop zones you see.

3 replies

May 6, 2015 8:33 PM in response to ocatillo

Bear in mind, that Apple removed the ability to set chapter markers with the latest iMovie. 😠😟 (I normally use the older iMovie HD 06.)

You can set chapters using iDVD only but with less flexibility and precision.

In iDVD: Choose Advanced > “Create Chapter Markers for Movie.”

Click the up and down arrows in the dialog that appears to specify the frequency of chapter markers, in minutes, in the movie.

You can also type a number in the text field.

Click OK.

How to export iMovie into IDVD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.