Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audible errors on music imported into iTunes 12 in Windows 7

I have been using iTunes for many years, and have my entire library imported, both audio and video. The audio is in uncompressed formats (.wav and .aiff) with my own mastered files at 96kHz 24 bit. i had no issues until I upgraded my computer (Acer desktop) from Windows Vista to 7 and iTunes 12. My library resides on a 4 TB external drive.

The errors are digital hash, usually less than a second in length, and occurs at random. i can bring in 2 or 3 albums without issue, and then the 4th or 5th will have these glitches in one or two songs.

On video, the audio will start looping with a 1 second or less sample, while the video continues.

My work around has been to replace the file in the folder with the original.

There is nothing wrong with my USB ports ( just added a USB3.0 card) as I can copy files to and from and even capture uncompressed video to any external drive without issue.

I love iTunes as a player and database, but this has shaken my faith considerably.

For the interim, i have rolled back to version 10.7, and i am still in the process of adding and proof listening to files to see if this also occurs.

Copying a folder to the iTunes folder first and then importing had minimized the issue, but did not eliminate it.

Anyone have a clue? I am tempted to reformat another drive with Vista and see if this makes any difference.

I don't have the time to proof everything that I archive!

Acer, Windows Vista, Stick it!

Posted on May 6, 2015 3:23 PM

There are no replies.

Audible errors on music imported into iTunes 12 in Windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.