Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari reading list doesn't sync to iOS devices

I'm running two Macs, an iPad and an iPhone and, while my Safari bookmarks sync between all devices, the Safari reading list only syncs between the Macs, and not the iOS devices.

I tried disabling Safari sync in iCloud settings on both the iPad and the iPhone, allowing it to delete the iCloud data from the device, then re-enabling Safari sync and, in both cases, all the bookmarks were re-instated, but no reading list items appeared.

The reading list syncs between the two Macs, so I assume it's supposed to sync with the iOS devices as well. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Steve = : ^ )

iPad, iOS 8.3, 3rd Generation with 4G; 32GB

Posted on May 6, 2015 3:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2015 10:40 PM

Sorry, I don't think you are going to like the answer.

Normal troubleshooting instructions here

Get help using iCloud Bookmarks and Reading List - Apple Support

but looking that safari actually syncs bookmarks, I would not go through those. What it tells me is your mobile devices software somehow

specifically affected to the point that icloud only partially syncs info controlled by the same switch.

So I believe there only three steps in your troubleshooting and first one you have done already.

1. turn off and back on safari in settings - icloud.

2 sign out of icloud and restart phone and sign back in.

3 if still does not work - restore device and setup as new. Guaranteed to sync and guaranteed to lose all info on device.

So question if it is worth it?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2015 10:40 PM in response to Erroll

Sorry, I don't think you are going to like the answer.

Normal troubleshooting instructions here

Get help using iCloud Bookmarks and Reading List - Apple Support

but looking that safari actually syncs bookmarks, I would not go through those. What it tells me is your mobile devices software somehow

specifically affected to the point that icloud only partially syncs info controlled by the same switch.

So I believe there only three steps in your troubleshooting and first one you have done already.

1. turn off and back on safari in settings - icloud.

2 sign out of icloud and restart phone and sign back in.

3 if still does not work - restore device and setup as new. Guaranteed to sync and guaranteed to lose all info on device.

So question if it is worth it?

May 6, 2015 10:43 PM in response to fromsouth

Thanks for the reply. I reasoned that the problem wouldn't be the iPhone or the iPad because I had exactly the same problem with each of them. Then, on the iPhone, I noticed the 'Show All' in the bottom right-hand corner of the Reading List tab and, when I tapped it, it turned into 'Show Unread' and my Reading List items appeared! D'oh!

Embarrassed,

Steve = : ^ )

Safari reading list doesn't sync to iOS devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.