Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I automatically delete a watched tv show from a shared iTunes library

How can I automatically delete a watched tv show from a shared iTunes library?

I have home sharing enabled, and access a shared library from 3 Apple TV's in my house. I have all of my data on my Mac Mini. All devices have ethernet connected to a gigabit switch. I know that the Apple TV's only have 100 meg, not gig.

When I watch the TV Show, I want to have it automatically delete. Even if it isn't instantly, I'd like to have a script run in a cron job that will delete them all nightly.

I only want the TV Shows to be deleted automatically. I don't want the movies, or music to be delete since those are used more than once.

I'm sure this has been solved, but I can't find a thread on it.

I appreciate any help!

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on May 6, 2015 3:36 PM

1 reply

May 6, 2015 10:38 PM in response to brianjb

You won't find a lot of scripters on this forum -- just my observation. You might do better with a general web search including keywords such as cron but don't be too restrictive as you may find somebody has written a script to read data from the iTunes database (such as play count and type) and you will have to combine it with something to run cron jobs. I just finished a fairly detailed script on something totally different which I cobbled together from about 10 different web sites with related material.

How can I automatically delete a watched tv show from a shared iTunes library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.