Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail Client should not download mails

Hi guys,

i think i have a rather unusual question. I want to use my apple mail client only to send stuff, i.e. I do not want to receive and sync data with my gmail account. The background is that I do not want my mails to be stored on my computer (so that's why use GM), but at the same time I like to be able to click email addresses in a browser and send mails directly without having to copy past those addresses to my GM account.

Besides that, I would like those mails that I send with AM to be synced with (or transferred to) my gmail account (just no download of any mails from GM to my mac). Is there a way to do that?

thx for your responses

ffb

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), BenQ T903 External Monitor

Posted on May 6, 2015 2:26 PM

3 replies

May 6, 2015 4:31 PM in response to florianfrombayern

I'm afraid I can't speak to the specifics of using Apple Mail as a gmail client - I've never done that. (I've just seen several sites that talk about setting Mail up with gmail, though.) I have Mail set up in a 'send only' state through Comcast, though. All I did was, in the General Preferences, set 'Check for new messages:' to Manually, and then never ask it to check. It will save copies of sent mail locally, but you can adjust the retention time in Preferences/Accounts/Mailbox Behaviors. (I use Mail 7.3 on OS 10.9.5)

Good luck

srb

Apple Mail Client should not download mails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.