Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth mouse not working with cinema display and macbook pro

all of a sudden mu bluetooth mouse and keyboard are not connecting or are ultra sluggish so as to make them not usable. I have late 2011 Mac-book Pro, the latest system and a thunderbolt cine display. The mouse works great if a open the mac-book pro and use it without the cine display. However if I close the mac-book pro and hook it up to the thunderbolt cine display the no longer work well or at all. can anyone tell my why this is happening?????

Posted on May 6, 2015 3:17 PM

1 reply

May 8, 2015 2:20 PM in response to donniefood

Hi donniefood,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your Bluetooth devices. If you are only seeing these issues when your MacBook Pro display is closed and you are using your external Thunderbolt display, you may find the information and steps outlined in the following article helpful, in particular this portion:

Certain external monitors and LCD displays: Certain displays may emit harmonic interference, especially in the 2.4GHz band between channels 11 and 14. This interference may be at its worst if you have a portable computer with the lid closed and an external monitor connected to it.

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth: Potential sources of wireless interference - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

bluetooth mouse not working with cinema display and macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.