Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my Quick Time Player points to an empty container

When click quick time player in my application directory, it opens up an empty directory.

What happened to my Quick time Player? Does that mean my mac have virus?

How could I recover this application? How could I find out if my mac has virus?

Thank you very much.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 6, 2015 6:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2015 9:14 AM

Howdy Sky

Confusion abounding for you, I see.

When you Launch SOME apps from the App itself, they will open a New-Empty document. Try it with TextEdit.app or somesuch.

QuickTime X is a PLAYER - so when you Launch it, it then waits for you to choose what you want to do... Open a movie, Record a Screen Session, etc. Is it possible that you are seeing an "Open" dialog? It may only show playable files, so it could very well look empty, even if not.

If you DO mean QT X just opens an empty Folder in the Finder, take a few screenshots of your actions flow to let the pictures do the talking

Meanwhile, I will ask our Hosts to move this to the Quicktime Forum

ÇÇÇ

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2015 9:14 AM in response to Sky777

Howdy Sky

Confusion abounding for you, I see.

When you Launch SOME apps from the App itself, they will open a New-Empty document. Try it with TextEdit.app or somesuch.

QuickTime X is a PLAYER - so when you Launch it, it then waits for you to choose what you want to do... Open a movie, Record a Screen Session, etc. Is it possible that you are seeing an "Open" dialog? It may only show playable files, so it could very well look empty, even if not.

If you DO mean QT X just opens an empty Folder in the Finder, take a few screenshots of your actions flow to let the pictures do the talking

Meanwhile, I will ask our Hosts to move this to the Quicktime Forum

ÇÇÇ

my Quick Time Player points to an empty container

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.