Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Events and Projects did not convert in version 10.2

I just upgraded FCP X to 10.2 from 10.09. My events and projects are on another drive and when I tried to convert them there was an "error" and not all were converted and what were converted were not wholly converted. I did not trash previous versions. Is there anything that can be done? Thanks.

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 6, 2015 8:04 PM

8 replies

May 6, 2015 9:07 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

This is the steps I did: I chose update projects and events in the file menu, since the two folders were on another drive, I navigated to that drive and chose update. It would not let me select the folders. The next message--which went by very fast--said there was an error and then asked if I wanted to save previous versions. I'm sorry I can't say what the error was. A library was created on that drive. Some events were transferred to the library, no projects were transferred. One of the events had color corrections done in the previous version and they weren't transferred. That event did not have all the media associated with it transferred. I did save the previous versions. Thanks.

May 7, 2015 4:01 AM in response to Amy Dienes

NNot good. Maybe try it again by putting the old events and pprojects back where they belong.

Were all the projects on this drive or on other drives? Was all the media for the events on this drive? Things can get messed up in the update if the elements are scattered. It may be complicated to fix. Having to make a new partition and going back to an old OS and old version of the software.

Events and Projects did not convert in version 10.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.