Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Faulty repair done by apple, what to expect...?

hello,

So to begin, I got my new iPhone 6 plus about 5 months ago. And in February, I noticed while in darkness a blue pixel...signs of an obvious dead one. so, I scheduled an appt at the genius bar to have the screen fixed. Things went well, and they fixed it. Now, fast forward about a month, I notice my Touch ID is not behaving properly, so I checked for software updates, and reset my fingerprints. Nothing helped, so I just turned it off. shortly afterward, the screen would freeze in its place and not let me control it until I restarted the phone. Now, from what I understand, all of these parts, mainly the Touch ID sensor, and the screen touch sensor array, is all one module. So, concluding that all standard software fixes did not work, I can only assume the screen repair was poorly done and faulty. My question is this: is it outrageous to ask for a completely new phone, as this has happened to others in my area as well, or will they push for a screen repair once again? Also, its a 6 plus, but woold they give me a 6? Is it against policy?

Posted on May 6, 2015 9:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2015 7:13 AM

Repairs done by Apple are also covered by a 90 day warranty, but your phone is also still covered by the one year warranty.

It is up to Apple to decide if they will replace the phone or do some more repairs on it. In case your device has to be replaced, you will get the same model as you had before.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2015 7:13 AM in response to acme_124

Repairs done by Apple are also covered by a 90 day warranty, but your phone is also still covered by the one year warranty.

It is up to Apple to decide if they will replace the phone or do some more repairs on it. In case your device has to be replaced, you will get the same model as you had before.

Faulty repair done by apple, what to expect...?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.