Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

an existing project open when I try to play back a clip in the browser

So, this has been happening to me pre and post 10.2 update when editing a project. I'll be doing some work on the project, then skim over some clips in the browser area. I hit space bar to play back the clip I'm skimming, but instead of playing the clip it will open another random project from the Event I'm working on. Does this happen to anyone else? Do you know why/how to fix this issue?

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 6, 2015 5:23 PM

2 replies

May 7, 2015 2:08 AM in response to Zambonisurfer

This one is weird.

Only two things that come to mind:

1) delete preferences - many weird things can happen with corrupt preferences, and maybe this is yet another one.

Hold down command and option keys while starting FCP X; confirm.

2) Check the keyboard commands. Maybe the space bar somehow ended up mapped to some command.

Try Final Cut Pro->Commands->Default and see if the problem goes away.

By the way, if you hit the play button below the viewer instead of the space bar, does it also happen?

May 7, 2015 2:49 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Thanks for the suggestions, it makes sense to try them. Unfortunately neither one seemed to solve the problem. To be clear, if I can skim a clip in the browser window, I should be able to play it without physically clicking inside the browser window, correct? I agree it's a weird problem. Not one you can plug into google with just a few words! Thanks again for your help.

an existing project open when I try to play back a clip in the browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.