Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

website to download ox x yosemite?

I need to upgrade my OS to 10.7 or higher to use Google Chromecast. Can someone help me find a website to download the OS 10 Yosemite upgrade? I went to Apple site, but there is no download button. I clicked on everything I could find, including the big "X" in the corner, but nothing worked. I tried in itunes also, but nothing worked.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on May 6, 2015 6:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2015 6:35 PM

There is no website from which you can download it. You will have to purchase OS X 10.6 from Apple (it is NOT free), then you can download and install Yosemite from the app store assuming your machine is compatible with it.

4 replies

May 9, 2015 2:34 PM in response to KiltedTim

My mistake. You are correct, I was advised at the Apple Store that my machine would not support the newest OS. I had assumed the system would be able to advise me if it would work on my machine, but I see the systems are no longer performing that function. I was able to get a free upgrade to OS 10.8 at the Apple Store.

website to download ox x yosemite?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.