Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad mini won't restart after update

I updated my i pad mini to the newest version and now all I get is the iTunes icon with usb cord picture. When I try to restore it almost finishes then gives me an error. My i pad is only a year and a half old and I cant use it any longer, all because I updated. I went to the Apple store and they couldn't restore it either. They had no idea what was wrong and offered to sell me a new one. I don't think so. Very disappointed in this product and Apple support.

iPad Mini

Posted on May 6, 2015 6:52 PM

3 replies

May 6, 2015 6:58 PM in response to nyyanx

nyyanx wrote:

I updated my i pad mini to the newest version and now all I get is the iTunes icon with usb cord picture. When I try to restore it almost finishes then gives me an error. My i pad is only a year and a half old and I cant use it any longer, all because I updated. I went to the Apple store and they couldn't restore it either. They had no idea what was wrong and offered to sell me a new one. I don't think so. Very disappointed in this product and Apple support.

Please identify the error. That would go a long way.

May 6, 2015 8:47 PM in response to nyyanx

If you are receiving a different error every time you attempt to update/restore and Apple determined they could not restore, they offered you an out of warranty replacement, which comes at a lower cost than a new device. Obviously there is a hardware problem. Both of the errors you indicate are hardware errors. If you want to attempt to try and restore again and indicate the exact error, you can check in this support document for answers, however I'm afraid you may not find one. While I can understand your frustration, this is one of the few companies that does anything outside of the regular warranty. Most companies would have just blown you off. However, it is your decision at this point. Get help with iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

ipad mini won't restart after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.