Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whats wrong with my iPod or iTunes?!?!?

I'm trying to remove all the music from my iPod Touch and it says in iTunes that it currently has no music to be shown. Then I look at the usage summary in iTunes and its still full with all the music iTunes said it deleted. Then when i unplug my iPod all the music is still there. I've tried to manually delete it by putting the manage songs manually preference on but that didn't work. I turned the automatic sync button off which is supposedly going to revert it back to no music but that didn't work. I don't want to have to restore my iPod as there are pictures and notes and memos on it that are very important. I'm just at a loss for what to do. Is there anyone thats had this problem?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 6, 2015 7:25 PM

1 reply

May 7, 2015 2:10 AM in response to cmgc2014

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Unsync/delete all music and resync

To delete all music go to Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Manage Storage>Music>Tap edit in upper right and then tap the minus sign by All Music

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Whats wrong with my iPod or iTunes?!?!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.