Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I upgrade Motion 5.0 to 5.7?

I started back with Motion in my first Final Cut Pro suite back in 2007. A lot has changed (and been abandoned) since then and I am now left with not 1, but two obsolete versions of Motion: 4.0.3 and 5.0.7. Is there an upgrade for Motion, or do I absolutely have to re-purchase it? I would hate to think I have to buy it again every time they put out a new version. Thank you in advance for your help with my question.

Motion 5, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 6, 2015 7:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2015 8:29 AM

I would love to update to Motion 5.7, please show me the link.

If you have any version of Motion 5 then all updates since then have been free. Did you look at the app store for your updates?

a

5 replies

May 8, 2015 9:38 AM in response to Bojon Ray

Like Adam said, all updates have been free. Are you sure you're logged into the correct account, I'd double check that first in the app store. Next, I'd take a look at this knowledge base article: Final Cut Pro X 10.1: How to remove and reinstall Final Cut Pro X - Apple Support

The steps for fcpx effectively work for motion, but I don't think you need to remove the cache folders.

May 10, 2015 5:11 PM in response to BenB

BenB wrote:

Motion 4.x and Motion 5.x have no update path. Motion 5.x must be purchased all over, but for only $50, it is a steal.

Sorry, but this is incorrect for Motion 5 upgrades. Yes, if you only have FCS 3 (Motion 4.x) you would have to buy the current version of motion. I have never been required to pay again for any of the updates (FCPX or Motion). If the OP has 5.0.7, they should be able to update to 5.2. This page lists all the updates since 5.0 and note it includes everything up to 5.2: Motion version 5.2 release notes - Apple Support

Can I upgrade Motion 5.0 to 5.7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.